Instructions for Authors
Authors are requested to submit original work, not previously published, on any of the topics mentioned below (or on any other security-related topic). Full papers must not exceed 8 pages in the standard IEEE format Please choose any of the following templates, as acquired from the IEEE Web site at: http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/pubservices/confpub/AuthorTools/conferenceTemplates.html
Microsoft Word 2000
LaTeX (PDF,64 KB)
LaTeX (Bibliography Files)
A4 (DOC, 97 KB)
Unix (TAR.GZ, 655 KB)
Unix (TAR.GZ, 307 KB)
Windows (ZIP, 674 KB)
Windows (ZIP, 309 KB)
ISSA 2017 is using the EasyChair system for all conference submissions of papers and all author communications. Submit your paper using this link. Please submit all personal details required, especially your affiliation. Preferably use your institutional email address and not addresses from providers such a Gmail so that we can better manage conflicts.
Full papers must have a paper title, but NO author name(s) and contact details on them, due to the double-blind review process that is followed. Papers that are submitted with author names and contact details appearing on them, will be disqualified, The paper must be in the specified in the IEEE template and have a list of keywords. Papers must be written and presented in English.
Please note that all papers will be checked for plagiarism using the TurnItIn tool. Plagiarism is not tolerated and should any paper be found to contain excessive plagiarism it will immediately be rejected.
Accepted papers - the proceedings will be produced on CD-ROM as well as published online at IEEE Explore, as explained above. The final paper, the abstract and résumé files should be supplied in MS Word or PDF. The author should, thus, supply two MS Word or PDF files as follows:
1. File 1 - Paper with the title, author(s), contact details, abstract, keywords and paper text commencing with an introduction in the correct IEEE template as shown above. This file will be put on the CD proceedings as well as on IEEE Explore.
2. File 2 - A short c.v. (résumé) of the presenting author (less than 350 words).
The files should be zipped into a single .zip file and submitted via the START system. Later, on acceptance of your paper, you will be required to sign a copyright transfer form. This form is available for download below.
- Author(s)/Presenter(s) represent and warrant that he/she/they are sole author(s) of the contributed work
- Author(s)/Presenter(s) will obtain any permission or clearance required for the subject matter of the contributed work by their employer or any other organisation or individual prior to submitting the contributed work, and represent and warrant the contributed work is original and does not infringe the statutory copyright or common-law literary rights of others, or violate the rights of privacy nor libel other persons.
- Author(s)/Presenter(s) retain the right to use all or part of the paper submitted in future works of his/her own.
- Author(s)/Presenter(s) hereby grant the conference organisers the right to publish the contributed work in the ISSA2016 proceedings (print, CD- Rom and/or other electronic formats).
- IEEE Copyright Form: Please download and complete the IEEE Copyright Form if your paper was accepted as a full paper, since your paper will be published online at IEEE Xplore after the conference. Note that line (1) under the "General Terms" section must be signed by everyone. Lines (2) and (3) should only be signed by applicable persons. PleaseeEmail a scanned copy of your copyright form to email@example.com (email is preferred) or fax it to +27 86 520 2979 BEFORE 18 July 2016. You MUST also send the original signed version BEFORE 10 August 2016 via courier or mail to the following address:
- Prof HS Venter
ISSA Publication Chair
Department of Computer Science
IT Building Level 4
University of Pretoria
Alternatively, you may also bring the original version to the conference and present it to the publication chair: Hein Venter. Failing to submit the scanned or fax version and the original version of the correctly-signed IEEE copyright transfer form by the respective deadlines as listed here will result in your paper being excluded from the CD and online IEEE Xplore proceedings.
Advice for writing a good paper
Download a brief tutorial on writing an article for this conference here
Download a Guide to Referencing here
If you have any queries, worries or just need general advice on how to go about writing a paper, please feel free to contact the programme committee